logo-loader
viewMayur Resources Ltd

Mayur Resources spins out PNG gold-copper assets in Adyton Resources

The TSX-V listing of ADY represents a key milestone in Mayur’s disaggregation strategy designed to unlock the underlying value that exists within a diversified portfolio of assets.

Mayur Resources Ltd - Mayur Resources spins out PNG gold-copper assets in Adyton Resources
Mayur owns around 43% of Adyton Resources (CVE:ADY) shares.

Mayur Resources Ltd (ASX:MRL) has successful listed its Papua New Guinea gold-copper assets on the TSX-Venture Exchange in Canada as Adyton Resources (CVE:ADY).

The spin-out saw more than C$10.5 million raised via a syndicate of northern hemisphere banks which valued Adyton at around C$38 million.

Shares in ADY began trading on the TSXV on February 24 and they traded between C$0.26 and C$0.40.

Mayur owns around 43% of ADY shares on issue, valued at approximately C$14 million to C$21 million on the above range, and has non-executive representation on the ADY board.

Listing “a key milestone”

Mayur managing director Paul Mulder said: “Adyton’s listing represented a key milestone in the delivery of Mayur’s disaggregation strategy which is designed to unlock the underlying value that exists within a diversified portfolio of assets which includes cement, limestone, energy and industrial minerals.

“This transaction has demonstrated the intrinsic value of Mayur’s copper-gold assets that the board and major shareholders believed the market was not fully valuing.

“Independent brokers’ research, prior to the pre spin out, was assigning an average of 7.5% of MRLs share price target to the value of our copper/gold assets.

 “Post spin out this is now 24% to 38% based on the above trading range, hence representing a 3.3 to five times uplift.

“The mark to market looks through valuation now provides a clear valuation for Mayur’s holding in Adyton going forward.”

“Win-win” situation

Mulder said: “This is a win/win for Mayur shareholders and our PNG stakeholders who will now see these assets materially progressed in real-time, with a high calibre and dedicated management team.

“Of particular interest has been the recently reprocessed Feni Island IP geophysical data which shows a strong copper porphyry interpretation and will be tested by an upcoming drill program.

“We have learned a lot from this initial spin out and will apply this knowledge as we look to unlock further value from our portfolio via our ongoing disaggregation strategy.”

Value creation

Mulder said: The Adyton spin-out has confirmed that Mayur has the capability to complete value-creating opportunities for shareholders and we look forward to updating the market in coming weeks as we continue to deliver on this strategy.”

“Mayur intends to distribute the ADY shares to MRL shareholders via an in-specie distribution.

“The demerger of the copper and gold portfolio will also reduce overall operating costs and enable Mayur to further refine and simplify the business and focus on core project development activities.”

The company expects that 75% of the holding will be distributed approximately 12 months from the Adyton listing date and the remaining 25% distributed six months later under TSXV escrow conditions and other regulatory and shareholder approvals.

Quick facts: Mayur Resources Ltd

Price: 0.23 AUD

ASX:MRL
Market: ASX
Market Cap: $44.98 m
Follow

NO INVESTMENT ADVICE

The Company is a publisher. You understand and agree that no content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, or investment strategy is...

In exchange for publishing services rendered by the Company on behalf of Mayur Resources Ltd named herein, including the promotion by the Company of Mayur Resources Ltd in any Content on the Site, the Company...

FOR OUR FULL DISCLAIMER CLICK HERE

Watch

Mayur Resources 'shovel-ready' in PNG after being awarded 20-year mining lease

Mayur Resources Ltd’s (ASX:MRL) Paul Mulder speaks to Proactive's Andrew Scott following the news its Central Cement & Lime Project in Papua New Guinea has been granted a 20-year mining lease. He says it's the final statutory approval needed to allow construction to begin on the...

on 19/8/20

3 min read