Assays have been received for a further 143 aircore and reverse circulation (RC) drill holes from regional exploration testing new Starlight analogue targets on-trend from the high-grade Starlight gold discovery at Break of Day.
Multiple targets have returned very encouraging results with follow-up drilling at Target 2, now called White Heat, intersecting further high-grade gold extending the strike of the mineralisation to at least 70 metres.
Best results were 6 metres at 11.6 g/t gold from 24 metres and 6 metres at 8.3 g/t from 36 metres.
Drilling also identified two new parallel trends west of the Lena/Break of Day target corridor with strong gold anomalism under thin transported cover.
Around 23 of a planned 25 targets have been tested by a single traverse of aircore drill holes and assays have been received for these targets with 19 showing anomalous gold results.
Follow-up infill drilling has started on the highest priority targets including targets 2, 5, 9 14, 15 and 20 after very promising early results.
Results highlight upside potential
Managing director Rob Waugh said: “This is another strong set of result from our regional drilling program which continues to highlight the upside gold potential of the belt.
“The White Heat target is showing significant potential and the identification of two new regional, parallel, gold-bearing corridors with no basement drilling opens the opportunity for further discoveries.
“Regional drilling on targets is continuing and further follow-up of the high-grade gold results at White Heat and other targets is underway.”
The new White Heat intersections are within the Archaean regolith and confirm a 290-degree strike to the new gold mineralisation, similar to that seen at Starlight.
At Target-5 drilling intersected 4 metres at 3.47 g/t from 43 metres, including 1-metre at 12.85 g/t from 43 metres.
Follow-up drilling to extend the traverse is being scheduled.
At Target-20 drilling intersected 11 metres at 2.05 g/t from 28 metres and 1-metre at 4.37 g/t from 46 metres, with drilling to extend the traverse planned for mid-December.
- Aircore and RC drilling program testing 25 regional and Starlight analogue targets is continuing;
- Follow-up drilling at high priority targets including White Heat, and targets 5, 9, 14, 15 and 20 has started and assays are pending;
- Further drilling to test possible new lodes 100m to the south of White Light identified in hole 20MORC105 has begun and assays are pending;
- Regional air core drilling of new structural and geochemical targets at Mainland has started; and
- Baseline environmental and broader heritage surveys at Break of Day and Lena have commenced in preparation for further development studies.
At the Evolution Mining Ltd (ASX:EVN) JV, the phase 2 aircore drilling program testing high-priority gold targets on Lake Austin is continuing with over 18,000 metres of a planned 21,900 metres program completed.