Big picture - Why invest in Global Energy Metals Corp
Global Energy Metals Corp Snapshot
Global Energy Metals Corp. (GEMC) is acquiring and developing high quality cobalt assets to provide investors exposure to the surging demand for cobalt used in the rechargeable battery and energy storage market.
The GEMC team, with over a decade of cobalt-focused experience, recognized early that cobalt was essential to lithium-ion battery chemistries.
Through years of working with downstream users, including its strategic partnership with Beijing Easpring Material Technology Co. (Easpring), the Company recognized that there is a pressing need to create a diversified, viable supply of material to offset the reliance from DRC sourced cobalt. GEMC's partnership with the battery cathode manufacturer is unique. The company went downstream, direct to the supply chain to ensure that it receive project finance, metallurgical and feasibility support for projects and material purchase.
The Company believes there are significant value opportunities in aggregating projects and building an efficient and reliable raw material supply chain that meets strict end-user specifications in the rechargeable battery sector.
GEMC’s aggregation strategy includes direct investment into advanced cobalt projects, supply through streams, off-take and physical material.
Global Energy Metals is a rare and compelling investment opportunity in the cobalt sector.
Millennium Cobalt Project - Australia
The Project presents as an excellent opportunity to acquire a cobalt asset of significant size with potential to expand mineralisation in close proximity to a processing solution and excellent infrastructure within the Mount Isa region of Queensland, Australia. It is anticipated that GEMC will conduct further infill drilling to tighten drill spacing and test for potential extensions at depth and along strike, which the Company believes, could result in a material increase in the size of the current JORC resource. Additional drilling will allow for greater modelling continuity and increased confidence level of the current reported “inferred resource” category to Indicated and/or Measured categories under NI 43-101 reporting standards.
At current and future predicted cobalt prices, cobalt is the dominant economic metal within the deposit and GEMC will remodel the deposit on a cobalt-equivalent basis.
The Mount Isa Inlier is a highly mineralised, established mining jurisdiction with significant regional infrastructure and several world-class copper-gold-cobalt and lead-zinc-silver mines and deposits, including CuDeco Limited’s operating Rocklands copper-gold-cobalt project located 19 kilometres to the northwest.
The Project comprises five Mining Leases; ML’s 2512, 2761, 2762, 7506 and 7507. Hammer currently has a 100% interest in all five Mining Leases. The tenements are in good standing with no known impediments.
For more information, please click here
WERNER LAKE COBALT PROJECT - ONTARIO, CANADA
The work plan will include an updated NI 43-101 resource on a small portion of the potential resource area around the historic underground workings at the “Old Mine Site”, now referred to as the MInesite Deposit and the West Cobalt Deposit. GEMC will also seek specific permits to allow for the dewatering of the historic underground workings and attempt to access those workings to collect a bulk sample to complete metallurgical testing. This testing will help the Company determine what type and quality of battery grade material is potentially produceable from the site, building on the significant metallurgical work of previous operators. Based on the results of the NI 43-101 resource report, the Company will seek to add additional mineralisation through diamond drilling in areas of the greatest potential. At present both the Minesite and West Cobalt deposits remain open at depth and along strike.
Global Energy Metals will be assessing the Werner Lake Cobalt Mine project based on the very significant increase in cobalt prices from USD $10 to USD $24 per pound since March 2016
The project is located near the Ontario-Manitoba border in the Kenora Mining District. The Werner Lake Geological Belt hosts numerous cobalt-copper and base metal showings, deposits and past producing mines. The two largest cobalt deposits defined to date are the Werner Lake Minesite Deposit and the West Cobalt Deposit, both controlled by GEMC. The area has seen extensive exploration and development work since the original discovery of cobalt in 1921. There is likely more cobalt mineralization in the Belt.
For more information, please click here
President & CEO
- Prior to being appointed President & CEO of Global Energy Metals, Mr. Smith held increasingly senior capital market positions through his involvement with various mining groups including Global Cobalt Corp, International Barytex Resources and Petaquilla Copper Ltd.
- Accomplished executive and business development professional with deep experience and proven success developing and executing on corporate strategies, marketing relationships and maximizing business opportunities for long-term engagement and strategic relationships.
- Profound understanding of the natural resources sector, capital markets and current market trends.
- Early adopter to the battery space recognizing the proliferation and mainstream appetite for handheld smart devices, mobiles phones and EVs and the critical role the metals associated with the market would play
- Negotiated and structured off-take agreements for cobalt material and built relationships with Chinese battery manufacturer intermediaries and facilitated commerce by arranging joint ventures, marketing and engineering and procurement construction contracts.
Chief Financial Officer
- Mr. Hadic brings more than 10 years of accounting experience across various sectors including, technology, mineral exploration and mining and manufacturing industries focusing on financial reporting, regulatory compliance, internal control and corporate finance activities.
- Mr. Hadic has held CFO and controller positions with several private and public companies and worked as a corporate financial consultant.
- Mr. Hadic has also worked in the banking sector for over five years.
- In 1997, Mr. Hadic concluded his studies at the University of Uruguay in the Faculty of Marketing and Sales.
VP Projects & Director
- Mr. Sarjeant, P. Geo, has extensive exploration, project evaluation and acquisition experience both in Canada and internationally and has managed several junior resource companies.
- Mr. Sarjeant began his career with Echo Bay Mines Ltd. as a project geologist working on projects in the NWT, Archean greenstone belts, Lupin Mine peripheral project, and skarn properties in BC and Ecuador.
- He was appointed Senior Geologist, International Exploration Group, responsible for project evaluation outside of North America, including precious and base metals projects in South America, East Africa, South East Asia, Russia, Mongolia, Australia, New Zealand and Europe.
- Founder of Puget Ventures, and previous Officer/Director of Global Cobalt.
- Previous consultant for Platinum Group Metals, Mag Silver, West Timmins Mining.
- Expertise in management, finance, M&A, strategy and operations acted to put in place innovative offtake and finance mechanism with battery manufacturers.
- From 1992-2001, Ms. Chutter held various positions for federal and provincial government officials, including the Leader of the Federal Opposition, Minister of Indian Affairs and Minister of Defence.
- Ms. Chutter sits on the Board of the MacDonald Laurier Institute, and is the Chair of the Canada Eurasian Russia Business Association, Vancouver Chapter.
- Ms. Chutter is a director of Khot Infrastructure Holdings Ltd., a CSE listed infrastructure company, and a former director of NioCorp Development Inc., a TSX listed mining company.
- Ms. Chutter is the Honourary Consul of Russian in Vancouver.
- 30 years entrepreneurial experience managing companies from early stage development to multi-million dollar NASDAQ listed companies on both the operations and corporate levels.
- Managed a national sales force in excess of 200 salespeople for a national Telecom Provider while at the same time implementing national consumer marketing and initiatives.
- Key involvement with LML Payment Systems (a NASDAQ listed company) that was sold for $110M in first quarter of 2013.
- Has participated in numerous M&A transactions as well as subsequent integration, utilization and marketing activities.
- Mr. Abbott has 12 years of corporate experience with Telus, with involvement in business sales, operations and team management and responsibility for multi- million dollar transactions.
- In-depth experience with long-cycle corporate deal development and complex relationship management.
- Involvement with several public companies in business and corporate development (both strategic and financial), operations management and shareholders relations activities.
- Key member of team responsible for consolidating and finalizing the Salares Lithium property package into the publicly listed company that became Talison Lithium. Talison Lithium was acquired for over $750M in the first quarter 2013.
- Ian brings to GEMC extensive experience in the international exploration, resource development and mining sector, having held a number of directorships and senior operational and general management roles over several years with a number of international resource companies in a number of commodities.
- Mr. Spence is a Sydney-based geologist who has specialised in cobalt, copper, gold, silver and heavy mineral sands discovery and development. As an expert field-oriented exploration and evaluation geologist, Ian has been project initiator and manager in many successful discoveries, acquisitions and mineral resource development and open pit and underground mining capabilities.
- Mr. Spence has previous experience in cobalt projects in Australia and internationally.
- His most recent exposure was as Managing Director with Broken Hill Minerals Pty Ltd. where he was involved with the early assessment of Broken Hill Prospecting’s Pyrite-Cobalt project towards feasibility before it was spun out and subsequently listed on the Australian Stock Exchange as Cobalt Blue Holdings Limited.
- He has extensive experience in the international finance and capital markets arena, having spent several years in an analytical and capital raising capacity for a number of Australian and international based capital firms.
- His strong capital raising abilities are complimented with extensive experience in IPOs, marketing communication with stakeholders, as well as joint venture negotiation.
- Ian holds a Joint Honours Bachelor of Science in Geology & Petroleum Geology from The University of Aberdeen, UK, a Master of Science in Mineral Exploration & Mining Geology from The University of Leicester, UK and a Master of Business Administration from The University of Western Australia.
Issued & Outstanding - 47,088,041
Warrants - 10,624,598
Options - not currently 10% - 3,538,029
Fully Diluted - 61,250,668