Big picture - Why invest in Avrupa Minerals Ltd
Avrupa Minerals Ltd Snapshot
Avrupa Minerals Ltd. is a growth-oriented prospect generator focused on aggressive exploration for valuable mineral deposits in politically stable and prospective regions of Europe with a growing pipeline of prospects in Portugal, Kosovo, and Germany.
An exciting portfolio of exploration projects which includes:
• Copper and Zinc in southern Portugal at Marateca, Mertola, Santa Margarida do Sado, and in the Alvalade JV project area located in the Iberian Pyrite Belt, where Europe's richest active copper mine operates;
• Tungsten in northern Portugal at the Covas JV project area;
• Iron oxide copper-gold (IOCG), copper-gold porphyry, polymetallic massive sulfide, and epithermal precious metal potential in southern Portugal within the Alvito project area;
• Silver, Lead, and Zinc in Kosovo on the Kamenica (Metovit) property in the Trepça Mineral Belt of the Vardar Zone, historically, Europe's most productive district for lead and zinc;
• A Gold-bearing gossan zone target on the Slivovo JV, also located in the Trepça Mineral Belt, just 15 km southeast of Prishtine, the capital city of Kosovo.
• Gold and Tin in eastern Germany in the 307 km2 Oelsnitz exploration license in the historic Erzgebirge Mining District, a 1000-year producer of tin, tungsten, silver, base metals, and uranium.
The Company holds eight exploration licenses through its subsidiaries in Portugal, Kosovo, and partner in Germany.
- The Alvito iron oxide copper-gold target: Avrupa conducted a Summer 2018 drill program with its former partner OZ Minerals Limited. Avrupa intersected reportable anomalous copper results in eight out of 18 drill holes.
- In the Iberian Pyrite Belt, the Company recently announced that it had engaged a large, North American-based mining company to form exploration joint ventures at the Alvalade, Marateca, and Mertola copper-zinc projects (see news release of March 5, 2018). The two companies are working on completing the final agreements during Q2 2018.
- The Company has completed consolidation of the Alvalade license (see news release of June 19, 2017). The license contains a massive sulfide discovery at the Sesmarias site, and a stockwork sulfide target zone at Monte da Bela Vista, as well as two past-producing iron-copper-zinc mines, Lousal and Caveira. Company geological consultants have determined that the Lousal Mine may still have upwards of 30 million tonnes of sulfide material remaining in the areas of the old workings. Recent geological modeling suggests new targets at Lousal and at Sesmarias.
- At the Mertola project, the Company has upgraded its understanding of potential mineralization at another two past-producing mines, Chança and São Domingos. The first target at Chança is drill-ready.
- A fifth license in Portugal is committed to the Covas Tungsten Joint Venture with Blackheath Resources.
- Avrupa conducts self-funded generative exploration work in Portugal. Previously, the Company utilized funds provided by Callinan Royalties Corp. for prospect generation work. Additionally, Callinan funded more advanced early-stage exploration on the Alvito license in south Portugal, in return for a 1.5% NSR royalty covering the license. Callinan was acquired by Altius Minerals in early 2015, and Altius now holds the Alvito royalty.
- Avrupa’s partner on the Slivovo JV, Byrnecut International Limited, continues to conduct exploration at and around the Peshter Au-Ag deposit in Kosovo. Avrupa is not participating in the funding of the exploration work and is currently being diluted down towards 10% ownership of the JV company, Peshter Mining JSC. Avrupa’s ownership will convert to a 2% net smelter royalty (NSR) once it has been diluted to the 10%-level.
Avrupa continues to actively explore in all three countries, and may, at any time, make further applications to cover attractive possibilities in those countries or elsewhere in Europe. The map below shows the countries where Avrupa presently holds licenses and exploration permits.
CEO & Director
Mr. Kuhn joined Avrupa Minerals in July 2010 after working with Metallica Mining in Oslo, Norway since August 2008. He has more than 30 years of experience in the minerals exploration business in North America, Central Asia and Europe. He earned an A.B. Degree from Dartmouth College, US, in 1978, and an M.S. Degree from the University of Montana, US, in 1983. Mr. Kuhn has worked in a variety of geological terrains, exploring for gold, silver, base metals, uranium, and phosphate deposits, and has spent time as a production geologist in the deep underground mines of the Coeur d`Alene Mining District, historically one of the world’s most important silver districts. Mr. Kuhn has managed successful exploration programs in the US and Turkey, and was involved in a number of base and precious metal discoveries in Turkey, including the Taç and Çorak polymetallic deposits (presently being developed by Mediterranean Resources), the Cerattepe Cu-Au volcanogenic massive sulfide deposit (held by Inmet Mining), the Altıntepe epithermal Au deposit (being developed by Stratex International), the Diyadın Carlin-style Au deposit (developed by Newmont Mining and currently held by Koza Altin), and the Karakartal porphyry Cu-Au deposit (being developed by Anatolia Minerals). Mr. Kuhn was also involved with the original mapping and description of the Çöpler porphyry Au deposit (presently under mine construction and development by Anatolia Minerals).
Mr. Stringer is a Chartered Accountant and former senior partner of a national CA firm in Canada. He has extensive experience in the financial institutions market place and in the real estate industry, and in recent years, has expanded his area of focus to the mining industry, both at the exploration level, as well as in the production phases. Mr. Stringer has taken part in financings for real estate projects, including both public and private businesses. His financial institutions’ expertise includes retail operations of banks, credit unions, pension funds and brokerage firms, as well as advising a foreign Central Bank and other industry regulators. He is also a Trustee of a large trust fund for First Nations people connected to the mineral resource industry.
Mark T. Brown is the President of Pacific Opportunity Capital Ltd., headquartered in Vancouver B.C. Pacific Opportunity is a financial consulting and merchant banking firm active in venture capital markets in North America. Mr. Brown has assisted in the successful establishment of several private and public companies. In the mining and mineral exploration sector, Mr. Brown has played key roles in the success of Rare Element Resources Ltd., Sutter Gold Mining Ltd., Portal Resources Ltd., Pitchstone Exploration Ltd., Animas Resources, and other junior exploration companies. His corporate activities include merger and acquisition transactions, financing, strategic corporate planning, and corporate development. Prior to joining Pacific Opportunity, Mr. Brown managed the financial departments of two TSE 300 companies, Miramar Mining Corp. and Eldorado Gold Ltd. Mr. Brown has a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of British Columbia and qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1993, while working with PricewaterhouseCoopers in Vancouver.
Mr. Dircksen has over 35 years of experience in the mining and exploration industry, serving in executive, managerial, and technical roles at several companies. He has a strong technical background, serving as a team member on ten gold discoveries, seven of which later became operating mines. Mr. Dircksen has held senior management positions with a number of resource groups including Orvana Minerals, Lacana Gold, The Cordex Group, Brett Resources, and the Bravo Venture Group. He holds an M.S. in Geology from the Mackay School of Mines at the University of Nevada.
Mr. Dircksen is currently the President and CEO of Timberline Resources Corporation which is listed on the NYSE Market Exchange under the symbol “TLR” and on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol “TBR”. Timberline holds a 50-percent carried interest ownership stake in the Butte Highlands Joint Venture in Montana, USA. Timberline Resources focuses on exploration and development of precious metal deposits in the western United States.
Mr. Högel currently serves as the CEO of Peter Beck Performance Funds GbR and sits on the advisory board of Concept Capital Management. Concept Capital is an asset management company focused on evaluating and investing in Canadian resource companies through equity investments, convertible bonds and gold, silver and copper off-take agreements. Mr. Högel has a MBA with a focus on financial management, banking, and international business and management from the University of Nürtingen, Germany. He also sits on the board of several other public companies listed on the TSX Venture Exchange.
Ms. Winnie Wong received a Bachelor of Commerce Degree (Honours) from Queen’s University in 1996 and is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of British Columbia. She is currently Vice President of Pacific Opportunity Capital Ltd. Prior to joining Pacific Opportunity Capital Ltd., Ms. Wong was the controller of Pivotal Corporation, a company providing software, services, and support to a variety of businesses. Between 1996 and 1999, Ms. Wong worked with Deloitte & Touche, Chartered Accountants.
Managing Director, IEK
Dr. Paul Nelles graduated from TU Berlin in 1972 with a degree in mining engineering and obtained a PhD in mineral processing in 1975. He worked internationally in base metal mining for Metallgesellschaft between 1975 and 1991, at which stage he held the position of General Manager Project Development. In 1991 he was employed as technical director and appointed to the executive board of DESTAG, a leading dimension stone producer and worldwide trader. He was subsequently appointed CEO of the company. Dr. Nelles joined Normandy LaSource in France, as executive director for gold production and industrial minerals in 1997. In 2002 he was appointed as the “Trepca Manager” by the United Nations Mission in Kosovo and was promoted to Deputy Managing Director of the Kosovo Trust Agency in 2004, in charge of all major publicly owned enterprises. Since 2006 he has worked as an independent mining industry advisor and has been instrumental in the formation of Innomatik Exploration Kosovo LLC, a 92.5%-owned subsidiary of Avrupa Minerals. Dr. Nelles lives near Frankfurt, Germany.
Chief Geologist, Kosovo
Mr. Geier joined Avrupa Minerals in March 2015 to manage the Slivovo Joint Venture project in Kosovo. He has 15 years of exploration experience after earning his B.S. and M.S. degrees from Arizona State University. He co-founded Metal Resource Development, a specialty geologic consulting group focused on early-stage exploration in structurally deformed terrains. His consulting firm has successfully led exploration projects in Arizona, Utah, Nevada, Mexico, Portugal, Spain, and Kosovo. Mr. Geier has experience working in porphyry copper exploration, VMS, Carlin-like and epithermal gold exploration, and iron deposits. In his role as Kosovo project manager, he has successfully guided the exploration and definition of the Slivovo gold project. Jeff was also involved in planning and carrying out exploration at the Santa Gertudis gold project in Sonora, Mexico (presently being mined by GoGold Resources), along with writing his Master's Thesis on the project. His past experiences include a sub-economic porphyry copper discovery in northern Mexico, country management of a large-scale exploration program, and the successful formation of a geologic consulting group. Since the beginning of 2016 Jeff has continued to manage the Slivovo Project as a consultant to Peshter Mining JSC.
410-325 Howe Street
Vancouver, BC V6C 1Z7 Canada
Email: [email protected]
Rua José Eigenmann No. 90, Nogueira
4715-199 Braga , Portugal
Email: [email protected]
13 Gazmend Zajmi
10000 Prishtinë, Kosovo
Phone: +381-38 348 342
Fax: +381-38 246 580
Email: [email protected]